Company: Buckhead Meat New England
Zip Code: 02886
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Assist with warehousing and maintenance needs of the facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas
- Ensure dry warehouse and maintenance shop are clean, neat and orderly
- Change light bulbs and light tubes.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs floors following safety and cleaning guidelines
- Perform seasonal maintenance, shovel/de-ice walkways and staircases
- Perform duties of a Forklift Operator including maneuver Stand-Up Forklift.
- Manually lift pallets to move into place.
- Manually stock/pick cases of product into warehouse.
- Operate an electric pallet jack to transport pallets of product off inbound trucks. Compile un-palletized products onto pallets.
- Cleans walls, floors and racking in the warehousing areas and maintenance shop
- Conduct basic preventive maintenance on production equipment
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or hand truck
- Maintain all painted surfaces throughout the facility
- Consistently maintain a clean and attractive environment in and around the facility including garden area and dumpster area
- Immediately report any mechanical problems or vandalism to a supervisor.
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Work independently, be reliable, responsible, dependable
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions.
The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. Ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate equipment is necessary. The ability to smell in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time