Quality Control Inspector
Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 06114
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for conducting daily cooler walk-through to inspect product, identifying quality issues and assisting with product repacking as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct daily walk-through of assigned coolers to check quality of product and identify any quality issues.
- Check dates of product for proper product rotation by date.
- Communicate quality issues to Buyers, Receivers and management as needed to resolve quality issues.
- Notify Manager, Quality Control of any shortage, and damage of product or poor quality product
- Evaluate and maintain quality of all existing merchandise, remove any distressed product, determine what product needs reworking and what product should be discarded.
- Rework all distressed/damaged products.
- Report all lost product or transfers to Manager, Quality Control.
- Verify and log that proper cooler temperatures are maintained.
- Keep coolers clean and clear of empty pallets and debris.
- Assure that all inventory is properly blocked throughout the day.
- Assure that all inventory is properly labeled.
- Assure allergen products are properly segregated.
- Assist in inventory count procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Quality Control, Manager, Day Warehouse or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to operate warehouse power equipment.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the shipping procedures of a high volume warehouse operation.
- Solid understanding of produce varieties handled in a wholesale operation.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years related experience (knowledge of produce industry preferred).
- Continuous strenuous manual moving of product weighing up to 50 lbs. during the shift; infrequent moving of product up to 80 lbs. during the shift.
- Continuous bending, squatting, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Constant standing and walking for periods in excess of eight hours.
- Must be able to get on and off all equipment and operate it efficiently.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint, a Sysco company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time