Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Complete new hire orientation training progams as assigned by Safety Director.
- Maintain records for safety programs (ie training logs, reports, inspections)
- Implement and train new or existing training programs, provided by Safety Director, to employees and supervision as needed.
- Inspect facilities to detect existing or potential unsafe conditions
- Participates in investigations, when needed, on vehicle accidents and injuries. Assist with identification of root causes and helps supervision develop corrective actions when needed.
- Engages associates to properly follow work methods in their daily job functions.
- Completes observations and coaching of high risk associates as needed
- Monitors inspection of equipment to detect existing or potential failures and recommends corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Support site management in the implementation of HSE plans
- Promotes a workplace that is a proactive safety culture
- Provide supervisor and management training on root cause analysis
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and State/Local Regulators) in the Safety Directors absence.
- Assists with the completion of a company-wide annual HSE training plan
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change member
- Promote zero incident HSE culture throughout the company
- Support execution of Sysco’s Emergency Preparedness Plan procedures and policies
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures
- Maintains associate relations through regular interactions and communication, monitors associate morale and provides feedback to leadership when needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree and/or a minimum two years of safety experience with OSHA certifications
- Two or more years with direct hands on safety experience in a warehousing, manufacturing or transportation operation
- Two or more years experience with Occupational Safety preferred
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety as a recognized safety professional
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong interest in safety with a proven record of results
- The ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement constructive behavior changes in Operations safety
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent employee relations and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, supervision and employees
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Leadership and team building skills, able to influence decision makers
- Demonstrated knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software, and the ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals
- The ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems
- Successfully demonstrate Leadership Framework competencies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will be performed at the assigned operating company facilities.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes according to business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time