Trans Operations Regulatory Analyst
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Transportation Operations Regulatory Analyst reports to the Director of Asset Service and is responsible for processing and handling government regulatory activities for Sysco transportation fleet equipment. The role will also perform duties to support the operating companies and ensure government regulatory compliance; as well as assist with the centralization/standardization of Sysco fleet and fuel activities.
Primary areas of responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather, review and file Unified Carrier Registration (UCRs) registrations for Sysco fleet operations;
- Compile and file quarterly detailed, comprehensive International Fuel Tax Agmt (IFTA) filings.
- Communicate regularly with sites regarding the accuracy of the ProMiles/Telogis systems and mileage data, as well as the fuel dispensed – onsite and retail purchases.
- Monitor ProMiles mileage data integrity – units, trips and fuel. Research differences including following up with the site fleet operations.
- Compile monthly mileage data by regulatory authority and file Highway Use Tax (HUT) returns per State requirements.
- Report fleet acquisitions and disposals to the federal government monthly, annually and as needed as Sysco transportation operations require.
- Track and report required federal fees on truck, trailer, and semitrailer chassis and body, and tractor purchases.
- Run, review and analyze fuel/tank reports, usage for regulatory reporting and returns including environmental fees, etc. Includes handling fuel credit opportunities.
- Manage and assist with internal and external audits related to the monthly and quarterly filings – past and future. Communicate with the Sysco sites on data collection, as needed.
- Work regularly with government agencies for fleet activity including responding to inquiries.
- Cross train and develop clear understanding of the overall Sysco fleet operations – USBL, Sygma, Specialty Meat Group, Fresh Point etc.
- Suggest process improvements and work with fleet personnel, as well as Finance teams for complete end-to-end processes.
- Perform other tasks, assignments, and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Supply Chain or an equivalent combination of education and job experience.
General fleet equipment knowledge and 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret government regulations. Ability to file and reconcile transportation data and reports such as International Fuel Tax Agmt (IFTA), 2290/720s, Unified Carrier Reg (UCRs) and Highway Use Tax (HUT)
- Ability to effectively present critical regulatory information to management and respond to internal/external questions & support Sysco field operations
- Ability to work and act independently while, monitoring multiple systems for accuracy
- Ability to plan and organize own activities; analyze and file returns; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; and manage multiple priorities.
- Has analytical mindset; possesses an appreciation for data, analysis, strategy, processes, capabilities, enabling technologies, and measurement while able to assess reasonability of results and draw actionable conclusions for leadership and Opcos
- Self-starter; thinks and acts proactively while providing insightful and timely communication of learnings with recommendations
Proficiency with basic computer knowledge and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & etc.)
Ability to learn other systems include but not limited to Sysco technology software/programs such as SUS AS400, Promiles/Telogis, Sprocket and various governmental websites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time