Dir, Strategy & Performance Analytics
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Director Strategy & Performance Analytics is responsible for the vision, strategic development, and socialization of Sysco’s Analytics & Performance Intelligence capabilities. This prospective candidate will be a leader in Sysco’s customer-first evolution, which is enabled by advanced analytics and a digital transformation. They will be responsible for the roadmap and continued expansion of our capabilities & assets against one of Sysco’s core enterprise analytics engines.
This role will require close collaboration, depending upon the model at hand, with executive leadership, functional teams (e.g., merchandising, revenue management, human resources), operating companies, specialty companies or geographies and technology teams.
- Define and align organization around where Sysco wins and loses leveraging data & insights from across EATs organization (data science, primary research, market\customer intelligence)
- Support the completion of an annual strategic plan, as well as a strategy action plan that manages the execution of the strategies.
- Work with leadership throughout Sysco to frame business opportunities and develop appropriate analytic strategies
- Impact & evolve internal processes and collaboration models for a unified, integrated approach
Development of analytics roadmap, products & dashboards:
- Define the roadmap and lead the design of an industry-leading predictive analytics engine for the enterprise
- Identify necessary data elements and their sources and identify and address any irrelevant, corrupt, missing, or incongruent data
- Work with Business, Data Science, and Business Technology teams to ensure that all models are effectively scaled
- Develop and build metrics and tracking to ensure value is captured from analytical models being developed and deployed
Translate Data Science, Primary Research and Market Intelligence work to the business:
- Leads team of people who work with business to define the integrated analytic, business intelligence, primary research approach needed to resolve strategic issue
- Leads team who drives the interaction of the technical teams and business teams to ensure the value of data science, primary research and market intelligence work is achieved
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the analytically curious throughout Sysco
- Bachelors in an analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Business)
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier educational institution (preferred)
- 7+ years in a corporate setting or leading professional services company in an analytical or strategic role such as Strategy, Finance or Insights
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving skills to take an ambiguous problem and develop a structured and logical framework for define the problem, analyze the data, and derive insights and actionable recommendations
- Experience shaping enterprise strategies and working with senior leadership to drive alignment
- Strong ability to manage ambguity and guide the organization through it towards clear and decisive action plans
- High level of familiarity with digital technologies including understanding of underlying data architectures, data requirements and limitations, interdependencies between interface front-end, service layer, and back-end
- Understanding of a wide range of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics approaches and ability to educate business owners on modeling techniques
- Deep understanding of business value drivers, corresponding business impact, and relationship between modeling choices and business considerations
- Ability to establish a collaborative work environment that enables a cross-functional team with various backgrounds and capabilities to execute at a high-level
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; fluency interfacing with both technical and management teams and the ability to make complicated analytics and statistical results understandable and actionable
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time