Selector - 2:00 PM Monday - Thursday Shift
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
This terrific Selector opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The shift will be from 2:00 pm until finish and is Monday – Thursday.
The primary purpose of a Warehouse Selector is to select and pull all outbound orders. Selectors are responsible for selecting orders with an accuracy rate of 99.98%. Warehouse Selectors are the main driving force of all outbound orders.
- Accurately pull and select orders in accordance with outbound schedule.
- Scanning UPC’S and pick locations.
- Palletizing and shrink wrapping pallets.
- Driving and operating an electric pallet jack.
- Operating a reach truck to invert pallets.
- Cleaning and maintaining warehouse cleanliness.
- Follow PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods).
- Practice safe work methods at all times.
Qualifications: The Selector must be able to:
- Operate warehouse equipment: * 6 months experience with regular use of an electric single, double, or triple rider pallet jack is preferred.
- Work in all temperature zones; Freezer, Cooler and Dry Side of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 100 lbs. occasionally,
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
- Have the ability to prioritize, multitask and work under a high stress environment.
- Have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
The Selector must have the following requirements:
- 6 months general warehousing experience preferred.
- Operate warehouse equipment: 6 months experience with regular use of an electric single, double, or triple rider pallet jack is preferred.
- Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Have solid math skills.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads may occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test & physical in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time