Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
As a business development professional, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company whose strategic business initiatives have propelled it to the forefront of the Travel & Leisure industry. As a member of the Guest Supply team, you will cultivate relationships with customers within the industry to increase product penetration and sales in existing accounts, acquire new customers, and contribute to growing Guest Supply’s overall market share. The continued and rapid growth of Guest Supply’s business offers many long term career growth opportunities, across multiple functions, for the right candidates. Those roles may include opportunities globally within sales, specialty/manufacturing sales, luxury sales, marketing, product innovation & design, supply chain, finance, and human resources, in addition to opportunities at Sysco.
Are You The One?
If you are a person who has demonstrated a strong work ethic, strong consultative and value added sales ability and acumen. If you have a proven track record of building trusting relationships, and a commitment to continuous personal capability development and improvement; exceptional time management and analytical skills, the ability to positively adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment. And if you are highly organized and detail-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset you can have a career at Guest Supply that challenges your intellect, builds your business acumen, and develops your personal and professional career goals.
The Territory Sales Manager position is responsible for growing the company’s sales and market share in the Travel & Leisure industry by delivering compelling sales presentations that help our customers effectively run their business, serve their guests, and achieve their goals. This outside sales representative position is responsible for selling personal care amenities, textiles (sheets, towels, pillows, etc.), room accessories, furniture, fixtures, and equipment, paper products, janitorial supplies and cleaning products to chain and independent hotels, motels, casino’s, and lodging management groups in an assigned territory and developing solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account.
Additional responsibilities for this outside sales role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall account management to existing customers within a defined geographical area
- Penetrating the customers management hierarchy to develop relationships at the highest level of the organization
- Identifying client needs and opportunities for additional product sales
- Prospecting new customers
- Utilizing analytical research tools and sales training resources to effectively target prospects
- Evaluating and determining sales opportunities using technology-based solutions such as Salesforce.com
- Preparing professional business reviews and value-added presentations to deliver to customers
- Coordinating with Customer Service to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Educating customers on product specifications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation and active-listening skills
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred plus 5 years of sales experience, or, an equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must have and maintain automobile insurance as specified and sign Guest Supply Vehicle Operations Policy
- Fluency in English and the ability to communicate clearly in-person and via the telephone. Multi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Computer literacy that includes the proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), maintaining a customer database through syndicated technology, general Internet navigation, as well as capability and willingness to become proficient using prescribed proprietary sales technology and software.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
- Car allowance
- Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
- Depending on the assigned territory, the Territory Manager may work in a company office environment or work from a home office. Field Territory Sales Managers are expected to travel to and from their accounts as needed. There is very limited overnight travel required (approximately 20%) and it specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions, vendor fairs and client appointments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. This position will require regular travel via a personal automobile or mass transit which may result in long periods of sitting.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time