Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 06114
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for fleet and power equipment maintenance in compliance with OSHA and DOT standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventative maintenance of fleet and powered industrial equipment.
- Performs emergency repairs to fleet and powered industrial equipment as needed.
- Completes required maintenance documentation as required.
- Uses proper Personal Protective Equipment and maintains a safe working environment.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime. On-call position.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Fleet or designee.
- Performs duties of Manager, Fleet in absence.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- CDL - B license with tanker and hazmat endorsements required. CDL – A license preferred.
- Basic hand tools required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Vocational/Technical Training preferred) and a minimum of one (1) year experience in most aspects of general mechanical maintenance.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
- A combination of maintenance area and outdoor environments.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- On-call availability required.
General Sign Off:
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time