Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 06114
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Receiving Clerk is responsible for timely and accurate receipt of produce, grocery and misc. items ordered. All items will be verified for quantity and quality and placed in specified areas of the warehouse. This position performs warehouse activity and other related duties as required. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically inspects product for weight, condition, temperature, and quality.
- Tags all products with a slot label and places it in the correct slot location.
- Receive in P.O.’s and product.
- Schedule appointments to receive incoming trucks.
- Proper completion of rotation report.
- Proper completion of spoilage log.
- Proper product rotation.
- Accurate counting of all items received.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Handle walk-in customers.
- Create report of daily special orders and write-up’s for management.
- Observes all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies in an effort to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Strictly adhere to company Proper Work Techniques and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures at all times without exception.
- Good adherence to attendance and adherence to the work schedule. Overtime may be required.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by Manager, Day Warehouse or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Commitment to ethical conduct principles associated with the handling of our business.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Must be able to plan and organize work activities; communicate effectively both orally and written; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; develop and follow a schedule; identify and solve problems
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- One or more years of receiving, warehouse, transportation, or logistics experience.
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Sit / stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Finger dexterity for activities such as data entry and calculator use, grasping, repetitive motions, speaking, hearing, visual acuity, and mobility between departments.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform in the position.
- Combination of office and warehouse environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time