Customer Service Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Chicago
Location: US-IL-Des Plaines
Zip Code: 60016
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Provide day-to-day leadership direction to Customer Support staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Delegate work and coordinate activities of staff members and teams.
- Monitor Customer Support call center performance against stated service agreements.
- Process feedback and complaints.
- Drive accurate and timely resolution of Customer Support inquiries and processes related to, but not limited to, order entry, order modification, customer billing and payments, pricing, reporting, and the customer portal.
- Perform daily Customer Support call center staff responsibilities and other management responsibilities (as necessary).
- Perform daily Customer Support objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, leading and coaching, developing, and disciplining Customer Support staff; administering scheduling systems and time management processes; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job evaluations; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 3-5 years' progressive experience in a call center environment, or Associate's degree and at least 2 years' directly related experience in a customer service function
- Leadership or supervisory experience in a customer service function
- Basic computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associate's degree
- Previous experience dealing directly with customers in the foodservice industry
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written, telephone etiquette and listening) skills
- Ability to model superior customer focus and empathy
- Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve problems within established parameters, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative
- Ability to supervise a large staff effectively
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions for recommending plans of action
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with both internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time