Company: North Star Seafood of Orlando
Zip Code: 32822
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Under the direction of the CFO, the Credit Analyst will review new and existing account for credit worthiness. The Credit Analyst will assist Credit Associates with third party and bad debt accounts while building working relationship with internal and external customers. The Credit Analyst will also prepare reports relevant to Credit Department key metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs activities related to Credit Risk:
- Performs systematic credit analysis of new and existing accounts
- Prepares documentation for UCC filings and other legal documents
- Verifies Customer Master Data record setup for compliance of naming conventions, tax documentation, and terms policies
- Performs activities related to Collections:
- Monitor assigned portfolio to ensure past due, short paid, and skipped invoices are addressed swiftly
- Evaluates blocked sales orders and releases orders as appropriate
- Communicates with customers and accurately documents issues
- Analyzes payment patterns
- Process requests for invoices, statements, and reporting
- Coordinates closely with Corporate, Site Finance, Sales, and other teams to resolve customer issues
- Coordinates with outside collection and legal counsel pursuing delinquent accounts
- Establishes strong working relationship with Client Services team to support Sysco Contract Multi Unit customers
- Assists with period end bad debt (doubtful account) preparation and monthly reporting.
- Manages daily activities to effectively balance workload with the requirements of making sound credit decisions, external collection efforts and resolving issues that may prevent prompt payment.
- Any other duties assigned by CFO.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
High School or Equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 5-8 years in a high-volume or shared services center supporting Accounts Receivable, Credit, and/or Collections functions.
- Knowledge of the order to cash cycle
- Strong communication skills
- 5 years of financial statement analysis
- Previous foodservice or foodservice distribution industry is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of AS400 is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel Skills with V and H Lookup, Macros, and Pivot tables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- CBA, CBF, or CCE from National Association of Credit (NACM) or equivalent is a plus
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to resolve routine issues and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted practices
- Ability to research and resolve problems and recommend solutions
- Attention to detail
- Effective oral and written and verbal communication skills
- Sound time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Contact with Sysco Operating Company personnel, Sales associates, all levels of SBS staff will be necessary
- External contact, inbound and outbound, with past due customer will be required daily
- There will also be some external contacts with third party collection agencies and attorneys
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time