Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Sr. Software Engineer drives effective delivery of product/platform needs through developing high-quality software and technical solutions. Fluent across the full stack and coaches junior developers to promote a flexible mindset and develop technical competence.
- Leverages strong understanding of business to develop high-quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Drives and leads the adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis, etc.
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience, and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
- Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluates emerging technologies continue to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices to strengthen Sysco’s development practices
- May play a supervisory role toward junior technical resources as they commit to and deliver work
- Bachelor's degree in CS or 4-5 years of relevant developer experience
- 5-10 years of experience in developing high performance and highly scalable applications in an agile environment, depending on education
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development techniques
- Strong experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS
- Fluency in DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment/delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
- Demonstrated “agile-development” mindset with strong customer-focus & results-orientation
- Flexible mindset (not married to a single language) and demonstrated ability to grow skillset and work across the full technology stack
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent communication skills to effectively manage key business stakeholder relationships
- Highly proficient in teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently and develop in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and processes using clear, simple language and visuals
- Excellent problem solving skills, must be able to work through and resolve obstacles, be persistent and persuasive
- Travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time