Developer II, Applications
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The primary focus of the application developer will be on developing, maintaining, and monitoring data foundation solutions, as well as integrating the solution with the architecture used across the enterprise. They will collaborate with product teams to understand new data foundation needs and ensure solutions developed to meet business needs. This position will also be responsible for daily support activities to ensure data is available and accessible for our business community. Ideal candidates have a wide range of skills and experience developing data warehouse applications for scale on Amazon Web Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Work with initiative leads, product teams, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
- Review and accept software and interface design and requirements.
- Refine and decompose requirements to the level of detail required to initiate development.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new BI and DW solutions including dimensional models, summarizations, materialized views, ETLs, and related components; make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost-effective product delivery.
- Perform unit testing/Troubleshooting the DW solution and related components and document test results.
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated BI/DW-related problems, proactively and as issues surface.
- Collaborate with Data Architect and other stakeholders to understand requirements, the relation between various data sets, and frequency of updates.
- Identify and implement any transformation or conversions necessary to provide consistency and usability of data
- Perform code version control activities
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of data warehouse development experience, cloud preferred.
- Agile methodology experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands-on experience working with database and warehouse technologies and architectures; including both logical and physical designs, data mart creation, ETL tools, loaders and development, and reporting tools is required. This experience should include influencing global data architecture directions and defining major data architecture related technology standards.
- Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning. Expertise writing complex report queries and SOL optimization
- Minimum two (1) years of current and hands-on UNIX shell scripting experience. (Perl and/or Korn shell/Bourne Shell/ Python)
- Minimum two (1) years of current and hands-on experience with code/version management tools.
- Ability to create technical documentation for the designated product area.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to research, identify and communicate the root cause of issues.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; collaborate with supporting teams to achieve goals and ensure solutions are not siloed.
- Team player with high attention to detail; able to quickly react to changes in business needs.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Highly motivated to accomplish desired goals and outcomes and requires little or no supervision or direction to achieve them.
- Proven ability to identify, focus on, and own high priority issues and tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing).
- Self-motivated and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including preparing for and conducting presentations for both large and small audiences.
- Strive to increase knowledge in Sysco business functions as well as technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of the Remedy ticketing software or software providing similar functionality to resolve incidents.
- Python Data Science Stack - NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, scikit-learn
- Big Data - Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Hive, HBase
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time