Sr Applied Scientist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Associates in this position will develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques (e.g. Bayesian models and deep neural networks), optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering. This will include analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern, identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria, generating performance definitions and variables, performing experiments with different types of algorithms and models.
- Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business. Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Develop new statistical models / machine learning techniques for optimizing streaming quality in our product.
- Partner closely with engineering teams to test and deploy models at scale.
- Ensure accurate interpretation by combining business acumen with detailed data knowledge and statistical expertise.
Education and / or Experience:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Analytical Disciplines with 5 years of experience
- PHD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Analytical Disciplines with 2 years of experience
- Domain experience in a focus area: NLP, CV, or Modeling
- Expert Level software development skills
- Extensive knowledge of traditional and state-of-the-art ML models and approaching
- Programs in Python AND R AND (C++ OR Java OR C)
- Solid foundation in statistical modeling and machine learning (unsupervised and supervised methods). Experienced in evaluating tradeoffs between model complexity and business value.
- Independent research ability and passion for learning and innovating new methodologies at the intersection of applied math, statistics, and machine learning. This is a new field and a lot of the hypotheses, intuitions, and models will have to be developed from scratch. Ph.D. in a quantitative field preferred.
- Cloud and HPC computing
- Cloud solution expertise
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time