Market Equipment Development Manager
Company: Supplies on the Fly
Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City, US-TX-Dallas, US-CO-Denver, US-MN-Minneapolis, US-IL-Chicago, US-TN-Nashville, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Miami, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-AZ-Phoenix
Zip Code: 30144
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Title Market Equipment Development Manager
Location In any of the following areas: Oklahoma, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Nashville, Washington DC, Orlando, Miami, Los Angeles, Phoenix
Reports To Director, Sales & Business Integration
Type Full Time
Travel Percentage 75%
Updated Feb 2019
The Market Equipment Development Manager (MEDM) grows sales to the assigned quota or greater, within their territory, by assisting customers with large equipment projects.
- Responsible for delivering or exceeding annual sales, volume, and profit objectives.
- Responsible for building/managing relations with key Marketing Associates/Account Executives within the OpCo to develop leads for equipment packages within their customer base, and also to help increase overall SOTF sales and confidence.
- Responsible for executing upon Category 10 strategic initiatives developed by SuppliesontheFly leadership.
- Responsible for representing SOTF to end users by ascertaining customers’ needs and preferences through effective listening and recommending appropriate foodservice equipment
- Accountable for key metrics that directly correlate to revenue/volume/profit strategies and initiatives; i.e. adoption/usage, net sales, gross margin $, and general sales productivity.
- Coordinate with Director of Business Resources, leveraging data to identify top opportunities for a consultation.
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of project management and/or foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- CFSP or FSCI Certification preferred
- Deep understanding of the food service industry; intimate knowledge of the MA and DSM job functions, company proprietary computer programs, policies, procedures, and Sysco’s business metrics.
- A history of working with MAs and DSMs to clearly identifying customer challenges, needs, or opportunities and delivering creative and productive solutions to help customer business and drive case growth.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally with suppliers; this includes written and verbal communications. Exhibit professional facilitation of equipment content, and /or meeting execution.
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Sysco customers and sales support best practices.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of Sysco. Familiarity with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where communication and flexibility are essential.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to accurately spell.
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner.
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures and processes.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceeds deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers (management, co-workers, vendors and customers).
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage functions.)
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in both oral and written form.
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other work groups.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain discretion with all company information regarding customers, pricing, products, and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Kevin Wray at 440-465-8333
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time