Night Forklift Operator (Replenishments)
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Transport all incoming pallets of products to the appropriate storage location in the facility. Replenish product pick locations by performing let downs from the reserve location using standup forklift equipment.
Hours for the position will be Monday - Thursday 4:30 PM - 3:00 AM
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect product prior to putting away for damage and inferior cases.
- Enter product in proper reserve or pick location maintaining the proper rotation practices and confirm through BFC Dakota system.
- Ensure that assigned aisles are full, clean and ready for shipping. Maintain the neatness and accuracy of assigned aisles, i.e. keep product off the floor, pallets are secure in their reserve locations, no loose pallet wrap or packaging interferes with the movement of equipment.
- Inspect equipment used in moving products in warehouse and correct or report any faulty equipment, i.e., pallets, forklifts, pallet jacks, BFC Dakota equipment, etc. to management.
- Ensure that all pallets placed in the reserve locations are properly stacked and wrapped.
- Remove any tape or shrink-wrap when product is stable from pallets before placing in pick slot.
- Maintain a safe work area at all times.
- Report any discrepancies in inventory immediately to the supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and free of damaged products and pallets.
- Replenish slots in uniform manner as directed. Utilize queries and reports to maximize replenishments.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures. \
General supervision is received from the Day or Night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 years of previous warehousing experience is required.
- Good communication skills are required
- Ability to safely operate and control standup forklift is required.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. is required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time