Market Logistics Management Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Primary function of the MLM is to function between Sysco Corp and with OpCo Merchandising and Operations personnel to orchestrate optimization efforts around inbound transportation, to maximize efficiency and freight margin. A Market Logistics Manager has significant influence and accountability over a market's freight revenue and margin. On average this is $80MM Revenue and $30MM LEI per market. Their decisions have direct impact on OpCo LEI performance. Additionally an MLM has responsibility to implement in their market strategic initiatives around business process improvement that directly impact cost per case, load fill and supply chain performance. Finally, the MLM trains OpCo personnel in inbound logistics processes.
- Assist in development of appropriate policies and programs, perform high level opportunity assessment, lead implementation and maintain reporting and accountabilities.
- Coordinate and collaboration with Corporate, Market and OpCo management to implement projects and policies to support achievement of objectives and increase OpCo performance.
- Participate in the development and lead the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives supporting cost and service goals.
- Direct supervision over day to day activities of 6-8 direct reports; providing guidance, accountability, training and support to Logistics Coordinators
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Engineering a plus.
- 5+ years in a cross functional supply chain / project management role
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with senior business leaders.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Uses appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to help work cross functionally and develop buy in through influence facilitating the completion of goals.
- Understand complicated, detailed information and demonstrate ability to convey this to team members in a concise manner.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition, i.e. conflicts/ambiguity.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time