Meat Cutter (Portioning)
Company: Buckhead Meat of Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The B-55 meat cutter is responsible for the cutting and processing of custom orders and standard inventory items using a knife and/or automated portion cutting machinery.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the training room.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Accurately cut to portion and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets and streamline interface.
- Safely and effectively utilize knives and/or Marel automated portion cutters.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately distribute products to assigned containers or conveyors for packaging or further processing.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with HACCP and Sysco Corp. guidelines.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to the employee.
- Maintain profitability by monitoring product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Know and understand the company’s safety, food safety, and health goals and their objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- Report all non-compliances, accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately.
GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
Overview of HACCP Basics
GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
Basic Food Facility Security
Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
Preventing Food Contamination
Annual refresher training
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time