Coordinator I, SMS Costing
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Position is responsible for coordinating with management, suppliers, shared business service teams, and internal business centers to ensure records for supplier cost and OpCo sell are successfully implemented and accurately maintained across multiple systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate and current supplier cost and OpCo sell price for multiple types of cost records for all items billed through Sysco Merchandising and Supply Chain (SMS), including forward warehouses and factory direct programs utilizing various applications to include Sysco’s mainframe, PC Pricing, SUS systems.
- Monitors costing workflows and resolves PO needs to ensure proper cost and sell are maintained in accordance with department SLAs.
- Process all item cost increases and decreases. Review variation reports for discrepancies and resolve prior to Category Management validation. Analyze and resolve costing discrepancies to reduce negative financial impact.
- Deliver accurate and effective communication to the following SBS teams on a daily basis: MDM, Purchasing, Pricing, Supply Network Planner, and Supplier Disputes.
- Validate and maintain summary information for all SMS Billed Suppliers. This includes all billing number and pricing SUVC information, discounts and allowances, FOB or delivered, and other relevant information required for costing and billing purposes.
- Collaborate with the Category Operations Team, suppliers and Operating Companies to implement and maintain steady-state RDC and sourced OpCo sell across multiple systems.
- Review and complete billing information for Category Managed suppliers inclusive of price point and ship point information.
- Advise on supplier pricing methodology to Category Management and execute any changes to methodology.
- Resolve all OpCo sell price issues with Supply Chain Inventory Management team within the defined timeframe.
- Research all suppliers invoiced costing discrepancies through working with SBS Accounts Payable and the supplier to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Research and resolve all operating company sell price claim discrepancies, working with SBS Accounts Payable, the supplier and the operating company to ensure accurate and timely reconciliations.
- Maintain supplier information sheets to assure accurate supplier information is documented and published for outside department usage.
- Provide back up support to team members by completing daily task when needed.
- Gain product knowledge and market information for SMS business center categories to continually increase understanding of the industry and pricing rationales.
- Participate in training and orientation of new employees.
- Assist and educate Operating Companies, Suppliers, SBS, and Business Centers with pricing processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with SBS Customer Service staff to provide same day response to live order costing discrepancies
- Maintain credibility with the suppliers while protecting SMS’s confidentiality in business matters.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 2 years business experience preferably in Costing/Pricing, Accounting, Profit Management or Supply Chain
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum 6 years of experience preferably in Costing/Pricing, Accounting, Customer Service or Supply Chain.
- Food service industry experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and sense of urgency to identify and resolve pricing inconsistencies associated with multiple types of pricing records.
- Ability to multitask and handle large volume of detailed work with accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal departments, suppliers and Operating Companies.
- Effectively balance priorities against work demands in both daily schedules and crisis situations.
- Customer service experience required for pricing resolution.
- Medium intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Data entry experience with 10 key by touch.
- Self motivated and impeccable follow-up skills.
- Adapt effectively to a frequently changing environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Sysco offers excellent benefits including PPO Insurance, 401k Plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Product Purchase Discounts, and much more! Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time