Company: Sysco SBS
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for analyzing and managing processes in a world-class centralized shared services environment, as they relate to the following areas: US Payroll, Global Payroll coordination, Time & Labor processes, Payroll Tax Services, Garnishment services, Payroll GL integration, Treasury integration, while maintaining compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and legislation. This position oversees a staff of ~35 associates and provides leadership to ensure the growth and expertise of the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership for Payroll operations across the enterprise while measuring and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiencies of the services provided
- Responsible for continuously building and managing business relationships with customers and various stakeholders, while implementing processes to achieve high levels of customer service
- Build and own adherence to internal and SOX controls for Payroll processing and Time administration
- Partner with various global Payroll teams and drive collaboration and synchronous processes (including Shadow Payrolls)
- Work closely with the Global mobility team to accurately manage the Payroll aspects of International assignees and travelers
- Implement and monitor Payroll scorecard and documented SLAs to continuously manage services provided and adjust as needed
- Partner with technology and process improvement teams to identify areas where technology and business process optimization can be leveraged to improve the effectiveness of the payroll processes and team
- Closely work with the central Time team and Operating companies’ payroll teams to implement Time processes that drive timely and accurate delivery of Payroll
- Oversee the overall payroll processes & procedures for 120+ companies/FEINs processing payroll for over 50,000 associates (including union workforce)
- Ensure high levels of customer service are provided from a Payroll standpoint to associates, managers, business partners, HR COEs, and contacts at the operating companies we serve
- Partner with Accounting and Treasury functions to make sure post payroll processes are executed timely and accurately
- Responsible for vendor management for all Payroll related vendors and service providers including HRIS, Garnishment, Taxes and other Compliance vendors
- Solicit and act on improvement opportunities which may include non-centralized activities.
- Establish SLAs and KPIs to measure, monitor and manage Payroll function’s services to the Operating companies
- Approve all required payroll, financial, benefit and HR reports according to the appropriate schedules.
- Ensure operation of the payroll function is in compliance with all federal and state statues.
- Build and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for payroll processes including SOX controls
- Lead a team of Payroll managers, team leads and associates providing them with structured coaching, guidance and mentorship
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets and expenses.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or a related field
- Master’s Degree in business, human resources, or a related field
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years progressive experience in Payroll or other Human Resources areas with at least 3 years of experience in managing Payroll for large workforce (10,000+ employees), with complex pay policies, including union workforce (10+ FEINs, 10+ Unions)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in establishing SLAs, Payroll Scorecards and achieving measured Payroll process improvement results
- Experience implementing corporate-wide payroll technology solutions (HRIS systems) for large enterprises while transforming the operations of the Payroll and Time & Labor functions
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Experience with Global Payroll preferred, including Canadian and UK payrolls
- Experience with Workday Payroll preferred
- Experience successfully implementing Payroll transformation preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with MS Office and payroll processing software
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional), SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP/SPHR/PHR certification required
- Implementation and working knowledge of Workday Payroll, ADP, ADP eTime, Peoplesoft or other equivalent (large enterprise HRIS systems) Payroll and Timekeeping systems
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates skills in building high performing payroll function with documented and measurable results including process results and customer service results
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials, facilities, funds and reputation).
- Demonstrates skills in problem-solving, team building, total quality management.
- Ability to interpret and apply a variety of policies, procedures and/or precedents to resolve diverse issues and make effective decisions.
- Ability to monitor and control department expenses, schedules and progress.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to model and champion organizational values and competencies
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time