Human Resources Business Partner
Company: SYGMA Denver
Zip Code: 80238
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Please apply directly at: https://www.sygmanetwork.com
To work strategically with distribution center leadership to successfully execute local, SYGMA, and Sysco enterprise-wide initiatives within the distribution center and to manage the company’s liabilities from an employment perspective by ensuring consistency of policies and procedures, fair treatment of employees, and coaching/development of management team so that the company can meet its operational and financial goals.
- Partners with senior management to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and “stretch” assignments; participates in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility both at the distribution center and within the organization.
- Oversees the performance management process and work with distribution center leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations; provides training and consultation as needed.
- Provides coaching and guidance to distribution center leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations; facilitates the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the distribution center; analyzes findings and reviews trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Reviews, interprets, administers and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures; develops and maintains the Affirmative Action Program; completes required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance; performs investigations and prepares written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Works with management team to create and maintain workforce staffing plans; facilitate recruiting functions including coordinating internal and external job postings, advertising placement, recruiting strategies, recruiting presentations and job fairs; screens applications, contacts leads, conducts phone and in-person interviews and forwards qualified candidates for departmental interviews; ensures candidates in applicant tracking system are dispositioned in a timely manner; coordinates recruiting efforts with the corporate office and Sysco’s Talent Acquisition (when applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and works to minimize turnover.
- Oversees all compensation policies, procedures, and programs; provides guidance on compensation strategy planning and administration and communicates all benefit and compensation programs to associates.
- Oversees the execution and delivery of all local training for all associates, including the supervision of a Training Specialist (where applicable); delivers leadership training for all leaders on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures; oversees administration of Sysco Interactive University programs and other training programs.
- Provides day-to-day direction and support to HR staff (where applicable) including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Escalates HR/Risk issues as needed to appropriate team members for support and guidance (e.g. Regional HR Director, VP of HR, VP/GM, Sysco legal team).
- Conducts new hire orientation; completes I-9 forms, reviews general HR policies, procedures and benefits with all new hires; follows-up with all new hires and gathers feedback on the recruiting and onboarding process and on training, identifies trends and works with HRBP to put plans in place to continuously improve the new hire experience.
- Organizes new hire paperwork, creates and maintains associate personnel files according to established company standards.
- Maintains positive associate relations through attendance at department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by having daily dialogs, answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or similar major is required and a minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: federal and state laws (e.g. EEO, FMLA, ADAAA, Wage and Hour); employee relations practices and principles.
- Skill in: making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to: manage, lead and develop a team; successfully engage with associates and lead individual and team discussions and meetings; solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner; work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations; manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; to learn SYGMA technology software and programs; read, comprehend, write and speak English: add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals: read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly working in a controlled atmosphere office environment and may occasionally be required to interact with associates in a Warehouse environment (e.g. non-temperature controlled environment). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Please apply directly at: https://www.sygmanetwork.com
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jason Norton at 614-734-2244
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time