Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Big things are happening.
Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat New England & Trinity Seafood are the premiere food service distributor of specialty center of the plate items in the Northeast. We boast a fleet of 30 refrigerated trucks (total in 2 locations), USDA and FDA approved processing areas in a 100,000 sq. ft. facility (total in all 3 locations). We are part of Sysco Corporation, the global foodservice leader living at the heart of food and service with 330 distribution facilities serving approximately 600,000 customers. Being big goes beyond our size and statistics. Big is diverse and inclusive, powerful and impactful. Big challenges us to shape our own future. Big equals growth opportunities for associates. At Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat New England & Trinity Seafood, being big is just the beginning.
Currently, Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat New England & Trinity Seafood is seeking a proven financial leader to drive a highly collaborative, mission-driven environment guided by intelligent business metrics and accountability. This is an amazing opportunity to join a leading company in a rapidly evolving and growing industry.
Chief Financial Officer
As a dynamic, hands on, visionary leader, the CFO will ensure the overall operational and financial health of Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat New England & Trinity Seafood. In this critical leadership role, the CFO acts as a true strategic partner and key member of our company. Working with the President and senior management team, you will direct and coordinate activities of the finance function, identify/drive execution of key action items to achieve plan results, analyze results of operations, and explain key drivers of variances to plan and forecast.
More specifically, we will depend on you to:
- Serve as the Lead Financial Associate.
- Determine the methods and procedures for executing the company’s financial operations in accordance with corporate and government guidelines.
- Utilize financial acumen to provide consultation to the President and local management staff, to help maximize profits, reduce expenditures, and leverage opportunities.
- Oversee activities of local finance staff and perform controllership tasks in accordance with corporate policies.
- Manage periodic close activities in an accurate and timely manner, including journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting.
- Develops business strategies, monitors progress and makes recommendations as needed.
- Ensure action plan is in place to assist in the timely development of Profit Plan gap closure activities.
- Ensure the company’s Profit Plan is prepared and submitted in a timely fashion according to corporate guidelines.
- Ensure periodic forecasts are accurate and timely.
- Provide value-added analysis to assist management team in making business decisions.
- Ensure adequate internal reporting and communication strategies/cadence at the companies.
To excel in this role, you will possess the following;
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics; MBA preferred
- 6 years of senior level finance, food service preferred. Prior managerial experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of success with prior management experience
- Strong critical thinking and expert problem solving skills. Ability to compile and analyze data to support recommendations.
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excitement about the opportunity to work hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
The benefits of big.
This is an exciting time to join Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat New England & Trinity Seafood and SYSCO. We proudly support the health and well-being of our diverse team of associates with a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- Health and Wellness programs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase programs
- Pre-tax savings opportunities
- Professional development
- Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate
SYSCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time