Director Revenue Management
Company: Sysco Doerle
Zip Code: 70518
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This role will be focused on leading the teams responsible for analyzing and managing components of the margin waterfall that influence customer end price. This role will be instrumental in developing strategies to improve and optimize components in the margin waterfall, including modeling changes to current strategies, communicating recommendations for change to an executive level audience, designing the processes, tools, and organization required to support recommendations, and conducting pilot tests to validate the commercial impact. This role will partner with Sales, Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, and other teams to develop and implement solutions that drive enterprise wide profitability and growth.
- Lead projects to develop strategies, analytics, tools, and processes that enable the organization to grow operating margins by driving improvement to pricing and revenue management practices
- Lead evaluation, selection, and build of supporting technologies required to deliver strategic vision and recommendations
- Oversee senior manager(s) and analysts responsible for managing key components of the margin waterfall
- Direct and review quantitative and statistical studies, e.g., correlation, multivariate regression, predictive analysis, that evaluate critical areas for improvement, including price setting, price governance and compliance, and alignment with channels, brands, and customer segment strategies
- Communicate recommendations and value created from implementation of strategies to executive level audience
- Build strategic working relationships with key team members in Sales, Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing at both corporate and field locations to deliver enterprise wide solutions
- Maintain an understanding of industry and market trends, as well as regulatory updates, to inform strategy
- Ensure all solutions are pursued and implemented employing optimal change management practices
- Build high-performing teams as needed to support process changes executed at corporate location
- 7-10 years professional experience in Pricing/Revenue Optimization/Economics/Finance or 6 years relevant experience in professional consulting services
- Proven capabilities involving pricing concepts, such as price elasticity, transaction profitability assessment, margin and revenue analysis, price band analysis, and price waterfall analysis or equivalent relevant experience in professional consulting services required
- 4+ years of leadership experience required; experience building and leading high-performance teams required
- 4+ years experience leading large, cross-functional projects required
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Business Objects, SQL, or equivalent reporting tools required
- Wholesale food distribution or consumer packaged goods industry experience a significant advantage
- SAS and SAP system knowledge preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or other business related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing analytical teams
- Ability to lead high profile, fast paced, executive sponsored projects, using both internal and 3rd party resources
- Strong influencing skills, able to lead and drive results with and without formal authority
- Ability to create and deliver executive level messages, adapting to different management, communication, and delivery styles when needed
Relationship-Building and Interpersonal Skills
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners, and colleagues across the enterprise
- Ability to create alignment across cross functional departments to support strategic decisions and recommendations
- Deep knowledge of quantitative and statistical methods used to analyze large data sets in a complex data environment
Planning, Organizing, and Execution Skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with competing timelines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Solid project management skills to develop implementation plans and drive execution
- Able to identify project risks and create mitigation plans
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time