Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This senior research manager will be tasked with helping market leadership, corporate functional leadership and LABS customer experience team acquire the primary insight they need to understand customer needs and competitive landscape in order to shape strategy, optimize current business results and understand performance.
The role will identify and execute against diverse research objectives and methodologies from tracking studies to ethnographic work, leveraging third parties as well as executing studies themselves. This will require working proactively and collaboratively with stakeholders to define and execute research projects. This position will own a portfolio of key metric tracking programs and strategic ad-hoc research initiatives, as well as crafting the roadmaps for future research efforts. Sysco needs researchers who will champion customer’s voice and will work proactively to guide the organization on how best to leverage primary research.
The successful candidate will be a curious, self-starter, with strong attention to detail, with an ability to work in a new growing and ever-changing environment. This role will need to assimilate data and hone in on key insights that drive business recommendations. She/he recognizes that the true measure of success is based on the business impact
Primary areas of responsibility:
Research Design and Execution
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, competitive insight and performance intelligence team to scope research objectives
- Design research instruments (surveys, discussion guides) and sampling techniques to gather data with the highest standards
- Build and manage an ecosystem of research partners to support research initiatives as needed
- Drive in-house execution of some research
- Manage internal and external research projects with expert-level project management competencies
- Teach junior team members techniques to choice appropriate methodology and sampling techniques
Primary research analysis, insight creation
- Analyze primary research results to foster insights and strategic guidance
- Create reporting tools which track and synthesize insights
- Identify opportunities to combine qualitative insight with other data sources to uncover new learning
- Ability to leverage different communication tools to share results and ensure understanding across the enterprise
- Exceptional written communication skills, especially in story-telling
BA\BS or Master’s in business, mathematics, or sciences (including anthropology, philosophy) with 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Experience in primary research in both agency and client-side positions
- Experience executing primary research in US, Canada, Mexico and Europe
- 2+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or time-series analysis required
- 5-10 years of overall insights experience, can be inclusive of post graduate work
- Intellectually curious
- Highly motivated, inspired overachiever
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of a comprehensive range of primary research techniques
- Proven capabilities executing analytics in a project-based environment for a wide range of applications in a corporate/production scale
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time