Inspection Assistant - 4 pm - Finish / Monday - Thursday
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
This terrific Inspection Assistant opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The shift will be 4pm-Finish Monday-Thursday
The primary responsibility of an Inspection Assistant is to ensure work is done within Government regulations to facilitate the exportation of proteins outside of the US. The primary responsibilities of the Inspection Assistant include recording all plant numbers and verifying type and quantity of proteins scheduled for export. The Inspection Assistant must follow preferred work methods at all times. This position will also spend time working in other areas of the warehouse.
- Recording plant numbers.
- Stamping all cases requiring inspection and verifying quantities.
- Interacting with USDA inspectors daily for stamp numbers and information needed prior to product leaving the country. Verifying all information is accurate.
- Recording accurate catch weights and lot codes.
- Finalizing accurate USDA applications.
- About 30-40% of job will be spent in other warehouse functions acting as support where needed
- Follow and practice PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods) at all times
Qualifications: Inspection Assistant must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 80 lbs. occasionally
- Work in all temperatures (Dry, Cooler, Freezer)
- Have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
- Read and Speak English
- Have very strong attention to detail
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven
- Have the ability to prioritize, multitask and work under a high stress environment
The Inspection Assistant must have the following requirements:
- 6 months general warehousing experience required
- Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads may occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test & physical in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time