Mgr, Produce Commodity
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Salinas
Zip Code: 93905
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Identify, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the distribution of products and services to SYSCO/Freshpoint customers through Sysco / Freshpoint operating companies. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service in support of the distribution of products and services.
- Produce Account Manager:
- Provide precise, accurate market information and facilitate the expectations of our Sysco/Freshpoint operating companies.
- Maximize unit growth.
- Complete all files accurately prior to submitting to Accounting Department.
- Be receptive and open to innovative technology and utilize available systems to their capacity.
- Take full responsibility for managing your respective account base.
- Review account profiles on a regular basis and update when changes are necessary. At minimum this review should occur quarterly.
- Conduct business reviews at a minimum of twice annually with each operating company under your area of responsibility.
- Manage all orders for assigned operating companies.
- Insure accuracy and timely distribution of price lists and confirmations to operating companies.
- Assist teammates when needed.
- Coordinate transportation from start to finish ensuring timely arrival.
- Coordinate weekly ad items to help maintain produce sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of all produce markets.
- Maintain daily communication with operating companies and co- workers to keep them posted on any market changes
- Facilitate the promotional paperwork with your operating companies.
- Support new product development (i.e., samples, special pricing, and feedback collection, etc.).
- Communicate daily with operating companies to advice on any market changes.
- Continually work to procure items not currently being sourced through the corporate program.
- Perform general duties as requested.
- Forecast and call daily/weekly markets for weekly MEI tool
- Supplier Management - Work with suppliers on fulfilling their contractual obligations.
- Market alerts-provide alerts to all Opcos impacted by supply issues.
- Contract Management - Work closely with sourcing team on developing and implementing contracts for assigned commodities.
- Provide accurate market information and facilitate expectations of Sysco OPCO entities for service and procurement support. Market information to be distributed weekly to all Opco’s/Merchandisers.
- Responsible for creating daily pricing script based off of contracts and USDA markets which will include market earned income for each item.
- Manage GAP and Azzule for each assigned supplier.
- Work directly with Sysco quality assurance team daily on assigned commodities.
- Work directly with assigned supplier base to assure a higher brand percentage on each assigned commodity.
- Manage loading and temperature issues for assigned commodities/suppliers.
- Create weekly list of items available for promotions to be distributed to account managers.
- Approve all promotions for assigned categories.
- Work directly with suppliers to develop and create new items.
- Perform daily pricing audits.
- Run Open-Order report, perform price analysis.
- Without direct responsibility for Produce Account Managers, Produce Commodity Manager will need to work with team to ensure pricing is correct.
Education and / or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related produce and/or foodservice experience. Minimum of 5 years of produce procurement and / or sourcing experience required. Food service background and broad knowledge of food products preferred.
Must have clear communication skills – both verbal and written.
Ability to apply proportions of practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written and oral.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have good organizational skills and the ability to deal with new and unusual situations. Ability to use personal computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time