Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Hawaii
Zip Code: 96819
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Performs account reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers to G/L, participates in the monthly general ledger close process, performs financial analysis, monitors, and researches and corrects out of balance situations with the general ledger. Performs other financial and analytical duties as assigned.
- Prepare journal entries in association with the monthly close process.
- Review and assist with reconciliations.
- Input weekly and monthly financial reporting data.
- Prepare annual tax package.
- Prepare reports and financial analysis as requested.
- Responsible for all external reporting, including local and state tax reporting.
- File State Sales Tax Returns.
- Assist in preparation for audits.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Possess excellent computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Excel
- Associate's degree or current student working towards a 4-year degree
- At least 1 year of related accounting experience
- Possess a good working knowledge of FAMM and GAAP; Good bookkeeping and math skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a responsible manner
- A demonstrated ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate forms and filing codes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time