Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Hampton Roads
Zip Code: 23435
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Supports local Sales Associate by servicing orders, researching problems and processing customer requests. This will include, but not limited to, placing out bound sales calls to customers, responding to customer issues and collaborating/communicating with assigned outside sales associate group(s) during the course of servicing customers.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile).
- Support the performance of the district to deliver planned results by becoming an integral team member to enhance the customer experience
- Contact customers telephonically to identify product needs and ensure orders are placed in a timely manner using the assigned sales system (SAM and mobile order entry). Respond to customer inquiries and provide problem resolution. Seek opportunities to upsell products.
- Assist Market Associates with Order Guide Maintenance through SAM Customer Order Guide downloads, maintenance and upload for custom customer lists.
- Develop and maintain positive/productive working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Conduct research and resolve issues associated with customer deliveries, special orders, disputes, etc. and is authorized to issue credit on damaged, returned or pricing issues.
- Fully Utilize Salesforce.com (Sysco 360) by capturing all customer interaction, communicating to MAs, and researching customer opportunities.
- Serve as the customer's primary contact to cover MA's during time off, i.e. vacations.
- Provide customers with invoicing and account receivable information.
- May periodically perform research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions.
- Other duties as assigned by the District Sales Manager to aid in the growth of existing and new customers.
- Support and assist customers and MA in the uses of Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile – requires deep knowledge of Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile
- 1+ years' experience utilizing sales tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 2+ years' prior Telemarketing or Sales experience.
- Working knowledge of Sysco product categories sold to drive penetration of existing accounts.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School education or GED required.
- Ability to effectively communicate telephonically. Ability to influence and seen as a team player. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic to intermediate skills in performing math calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a one-on-one Basic Knowledge of Sysco products preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management and attention to details.
- Must be able to effectively communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Ability to telephonically communicate effectively.
- Pleasant, helpful and service oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time