Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position will be based at our Sysco Business Services location at 24500 Northwest Fwy, Cypress, TX 77429.
SUMMARY of the position:
Assures Sysco’s operating companies, divisions and corporate office are in compliance with established guidelines (Financial and Accounting Methods Manual (FAMM), Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), senior management directives and federal, state, and local laws and regulations).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plan, perform, and complete financial, operational and compliance reviews of operating companies, divisions, and corporate office, reporting results and recommendations to management.
- Obtain and use job knowledge to develop a thorough understanding of Sysco (operating companies and corporate office) in order to achieve position requirements and become eligible for promotional opportunities. Seek to improve applicable knowledge.
- Assist in identifying problem areas and needs of Sysco and work towards their resolution.
- Participate in special reviews such as Credit, Shrink, SYGMA site visits, FreshPoint site visits or a meat company.
- Assist in recurring and special projects as assigned. Exhibit flexibility and ingenuity when performing special projects.
- Monitor assigned companies’ financial packages identifying trends, variances, exposure items and potential errors. Perform and follow up with operating companies. Communicate findings to management.
- Respond to operating company inquiries regarding financial and compliance guidelines.
- Produce benchmark reports for inventory shrinkage, certificates of insurance and hold harmless agreements and proforma revision rates.
- Plan work, organize information, define tasks, manage time and consider alternative efficiently.
- Verbalize (express thoughts) and write clearly and concisely.
- Exhibit a willingness and ability to work with others.
- Take necessary actions to get things done. Use own resourcefulness in initiating corrective action.
- Work consistently, willing to work overtime and respond to emergencies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise Staff Auditors on audits as well as on special projects in the office.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance (must have completed both Intermediate Accounting courses). CPA, CIA or CISA designation preferred. MBA designation is a plus but not required. Must have at least two years of auditing experience in public accounting (Big 4 highly preferred) and/or industry or at least two years of Sysco auditing experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
MATHEMETICAL SKILLS: Must have good understanding of all mathematical skills required to perform journal entries, reconciliations, and other functions required of a Controller.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting, standing, walking, talking on the phone, typing on the computer, lifting of luggage and audit materials (including laptop computer), bending, stooping etc. (when reviewing warehouse operations), approximately 50% travel by plane to locations across the U.S. and Canada.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes offices and warehouses. Warehouses can be noisy and dangerous during the operation of equipment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time