Forklift - 3rd Shift; 8:00 pm- Finish
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc - Plant City
Location: US-FL-Plant City
Zip Code: 33566
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a 3rd Shift Forklift Operator; Sunday – Thursday from 8:00 pm until Finish.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in PLANT CITY, FL.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
The 3rd Shift Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for:
- Supporting inbound receiving and outbound shipping.
- Putting away all inbound freight and stocking all pick slots on the outbound side.
- Letting down pallets of product needed by using direction from SWMS with a reach truck.
- Process transfers using SWMS, if needed.
- Accurately select will calls and bulk pulls when needed.
- Follow PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods).
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
- Other activities as needed and directed by leadership.
- Stand Up Forklift experience is required.
Lift Operator Qualifications:
The 3rd Shift Forklift Operator must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, and have at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
The Lift Operator must:
- Have Stand up Forklift experience.
- Have experience of 6 months to 1 year, with regular use of a Reach Truck.
- Be able to work in Freezer, Cooler and Dry Side of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Be able to read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Be able to safely lift 75 lbs. + occasionally.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
- Be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time