Mgr, Customer Supply Chain Solutions
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Manager Customer Supply Chain Solutions (CSCS) is the responsible supply chain professionals dedicated to specific customer market segments (Restaurant, Foodservice Management or Healthcare/Retail/Travel) to develop tailored supply chain strategies and offerings to in order to increase Sysco sales opportunities and profitability with mutual benefit for customers.
The Manager CSCS and team will work closely with Customers, Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations functions and leverage end-to-end distribution network models to develop alternative distribution offerings to customers that combine sources of supply, proprietary items, delivery points to deliver the best supply chain costs. The ability to perform this complex work quickly and accurately is a differentiator for Sysco relative to its traditional and non-traditional competitors.
Areas of responsibility include development of distribution strategies for key customer segments, RFP proposal response, inbound and outbound supply chain optimization initiatives, customer KPI monitoring, communication and coordination of customer onboarding and off boarding with operations. The Manager Customer SC Solutions is responsible for internal and external engagement and project management of customer related SC initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead projects and deliverables for assigned customer market segment including RFP proposal response, inbound and outbound supply chain optimization initiatives, customer KPI monitoring, communication, coordination of customer onboarding and off boarding with operations and internal and external engagement.
- Develop assumptions, timelines and targeted deliverables based on customer specific opportunity.
- Collaborate with CMU sales organization assigned to specific customer vertical. Develop deep understanding of customer needs and translate those into effective supply chain strategies.
- Manage project priorities, timelines and quality of deliverables from assigned team. Escalate and help resolve issues to meet project timelines.
- Develop segment specific expertise and applicable strategies in collaboration with sales, operations, merchandise and finance.
- Responsible for training and development of lesser experiened talent for the team.
- Collaborate with sales and other departments for successful customer onboarding.
- Provide thought leadership on proven distribution strategies that achieve higher supply chain performance and deliver value to Sysco and customers alike.
- Incorporate a holistic view of supply chain in solution development including operating costs, logistics costs, product costs, earned income, physical constraints and service requirements in solution development.
- Utilize problem solving abilities and fact based methods to identify, define and resolve specific problems of customer supply chains. Clarify and resolve complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause, redesigning internal and external business processes as necessary. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders throughout entire process including final customer proposals.
- Lead development of customer management reporting tools to monitor performance and identify improvement areas.
- Monitor performance of key customer KPIs and operations KPIs and initiate discussions to improve performance.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years experience with BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research or equivalent experience. Experience in distribution or food industry preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a distribution/transportation/delivery environment required; 2 years of project management experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with Supply Chain tools such as I2 Strategist, Llamasoft, Roadnet Territory Planner, TMS
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Requires technical acumen and decision making
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate operating costs, logistics and product costs, distribution and statistical data
- Self-starting and analytical use of know-how to identify, define and resolve problems. Utilize accumulated knowledge, procedures, processes and practices of warehousing and transportation areas to evaluate and communicate (both orally and in writing) the business requirements of distribution operations for the operating companies in SYSCO.
- Contain skills in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating.
- Practice effective person-to-person communication skills when dealing with other people at all levels and departments.
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of SYSCO.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to support the operating companies and Distribution Services in achieving their operational objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- The job requires travel 50% to 65% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the Corporate facility or from a remote location.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time