Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston / Louisiana Seafood
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
This position is responsible for creating, reviewing, and ensuring the quality control of financial statement reports, analysis and systems. This role records and reviews transactions and the maintenance of the general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and/or reviews accounting entries to record recurring and special transactions relating to the revenue, costs and expenses for each functional area of the organization.
- Assists in developing reports used by management in strategic planning and updates these reports as new data becomes available
- Performs monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts and maintains complete and accurate documentation of the reconciliations in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the Sysco Financial Accounting Methods Manual.
- Proactively reviews related Sysco accounting policies, procedures and systems for efficiency and effectiveness on an ongoing basis and recommends updates and improvements in company practices. Assists in implementation of all improvements identified.
- Assists financial leaders with the compilation and updates to the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts.
- Compiles and maintains all documentation required by regulatory agencies for mandatory reporting purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting Preferred
- Associates Degree Required
- 1 Year accounting experience required
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Proficient in Cost/Production accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
Decision making authority
- Describe the most important decisions made by this position.
- Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Decisions regarding proper treatment of accounting entries.
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Decisions regarding reported forecasted results
- Decisions regarding company profit plans
- Decisions regarding business strategies for the organization
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time