Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Eastern Wisconsin
Zip Code: 53037
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for being a resource for both internal and external business reviews, customer events, workshops and trainings. This individual should be an ambassador for the Sysco brand, innovation and CatMan products and leverage all opportunities to make the sale with customers. This person would also represent Sysco at appropriate events and in appropriate organizations in the industry. This position will serve as a culinary support resource for the entire company. This position may also be responsible for supervising kitchen assistant(s) or culinary interns.
- As noted in Sysco's Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile).
- Prepares and presents products to meet the needs of the customer and takes a direct role in Sales and Piece growth on reviewed customers.
- Facilitates the visits of customers to the company by working with the Sales force on scheduling and focus of Business Reviews.
- Leads culinary components during business reviews.
- Develops menus and other graphic production with gold customers.
- Facilitate internal/external food shows, catering and event planning activities. Coordinate kitchen logistics in support of internal/external culinary events.
- Utilize technology tools in support of business resource activities.
- Must create customer visit impact reports, sample request, recipes and instructions for various publications.
- Facilitates Corporate Sampling guidelines.
- Responsible for working jointly with MA's to get business as product is presented and following up in field as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, chefs and sales through cooperative participation in local events, culinary competitions, culinary schools and other relevant opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and product by working with brokers and merchandising on new products, product testing and product cuttings.
- Plans and holds various training programs and marketing events.
- Manages all operations of the test kitchen/culinary center including sanitation, product rotation, laundry service and the organization and upkeep of equipment, displays and the general appearance of the dining facility.
- Complies with all local and state food safety and health code regulations. Accompanies and responds to regulatory agency kitchen/culinary center inspections.
- Provide work direction to additional culinary staff, third party vendors, sanitation staff as necessary.
- Manage food and supply costs within budgetary parameters.
- Assist in employee training through working with our sales departments in developing training curriculums, facilitating training sessions and completing demonstrations.
- Advises sales force on product specifications. Serves as expert on Cutting Edge Solutions/innovation items, Sysco Brand and CatMan.
- Strategizing with customers before, during and after reviews and facilitating sales conversations.
- Building out recipes for customers commiserate with their ability to execute.
Education and / or Experience:
- 4 year bachelor's degree or equivalent culinary degree preferred.
- 3+ years executive chef experience in the food service industry.
- 3+ years of foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of the food service industry; intimate knowledge of the MA and DSM job functions, company proprietary computer programs, policies, procedures, and Sysco's business metrics.
- Through partnership with MAs and DSMs, responsible for clearly identifying customer challenges, needs, or opportunities and delivering creative and productive solutions to help customer business and drive case growth.
- Coordinate with Director of Business Resources, leveraging data to identify top opportunities for a consultation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications. Exhibit professional facilitation of training content, and /or meeting execution.
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Sysco customers and sales support best practices.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of Sysco. Familiarity with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time