Production Sorter (Seasonal)
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Assure that produce of the highest quality is made ready and available for the day’s runs at an acceptable productivity level.
- Prefer High School Diploma or G.E.D.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven ability to work independently
- Applicant Must be 17 years of age or older
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Responsible for the quality of the sorted product
- Responsible for adhering to sanitation and safety procedures for handling and repacking produce according to Sysco standards
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of crisping work area
- Responsible for meeting minimum pacing standards as assigned by Production Manager
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Ensure room is clean and sanitized at the beginning and end of shift
- Process items – packaging repeatedly throughout the shift based on orders keyed into the system.
- Make labels for product being shipped
- Re-box and re-label when possible and return product to inventory
- Maintain quality of perishable products by ensuring proper rotation
- Relay issues of product to supervisor and handle product as necessary.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by assisting Inventory Control as needed.
- Any other duties requested by supervision.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to company high risk and sensitive items procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must be able to work in a cold (approximately 34-52 degrees) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs- 50lbs of boxes of produce frequently during the shift
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop and bend frequently.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Must be able to sort produce, and lift 25lbs boxes to stack on pallets
- Goes through the pack line and looks for wet boxes and disposes of them
- Stacks 25lbs boxes onto pallets
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, up close vision and peripheral vision.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time