Fish Cutter - Atlanta
Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The fish cutter is responsible for the cutting of custom orders and standard inventory items to customer specifications.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Conduct organoleptic evaluations, including observation of foreign materials (such as parasites, hooks, etc )
- Handle product in a way to minimize loss of quality.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by supervisor.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with FDA, SQF and MSC/ASC requirements.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, hooks, scales, etc. assigned to you.
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
- Spray fish with ozonized water.
- Sanitize work stations between species.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Prior experience with portion cutting fish.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Results-oriented. Customer-service oriented. Detail oriented.
- High-energy; Fast-paced.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time