Senior Manager, Market Logistics Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Sr. Manager of Market Logistics Management will lead a team of Market Logistics Managers effectively developing a highly functional and profitable inbound supply chain solutions network in support of Sysco's enterprise wide supply chain goals. Support the inbound transportation needs of the supply chain network with highest levels of service at the lowest sustainable cost. Work with staff and peers to implement changes that have positive effects on the network and Sysco's overall service & financial performance. Manage the activities of the Market Logistics Managers and Logistics Planners to deliver on the organizational goals described above.
- Lead team of associates in realizing Sysco's Inbound supply chain strategy and financial / operational performance goals. Responsible for developing Market Logistics Managers and Logistics Planners to successfully fill key leadership roles. Build a strong, effective market team by developing, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Develops and performs opportunity assessment for improvement, sets expectations, and implements process to reach performance goals while maintaining solid accountability practices across these projects. Responsibility for their specific market's freight revenue, cost improvement initiatives, and creation of an atmosphere to optimize Logistics earned income. Directs market wide inbound supply chain process design, implementation, management, and communication across all stakeholders.
- Monitor ongoing activities in specific markets, ensuring compliance to process, and communicating to executive level when off track performance arises and OpCo's are failing to comply with recommendations.
- Provide management oversight in the development of Inbound Logistics Business Reviews to field leadership on a periodic basis reflecting profitability & service metrics, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership cross functionally related to the realization of market level logistics financial expectations. This includes financial plan development, communication, and accountability.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years supply chain related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, logistics, distribution and transportation.
- Advanced presentation, analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced ability to analyze, communicate and disseminate numerical data, develop and follow policies / procedures, identify and solve problems.
- Advanced ability to effectively develop and present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, customers, suppliers, and carriers in a corporate business setting.
- Advanced ability to plan and organize work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Highly skilled in the following competencies: leadership, communication (verbal & written), building alignment, leading change, driving results and ownership.
- Ability to maintain a strategic view while accomplishing tactical exercises ensuring regional and national optimization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time