Company: Sysco South Florida
Zip Code: 33178
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 12500 Sysco Way, Medley, FL, 33178
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for loading pre-assembled merchandise/pallets and master containers for shipment or transporting on delivery vehicles as directed under general supervision.
- Loads and unloads shipments as required; constant lifting of boxes weighing up to 100 pounds each.
- Loads trucks according to truck mapping and special instructions.
- Loads product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to insure driver safety.
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to insure stability.
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the plant constantly in a safe manner.
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary.' Marks, adresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition.
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required
- Complies with all safety regulations and standards.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- 3 months warehouse experience
- 3 months experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation
- Managing Work
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below.' The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time