Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston / Louisiana Seafood
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
OVERVIEW:This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as reporting financial results and general ledger activity.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Supervises and directs work of Accounts Payable Associates, Account Receivable Associates, Imaging, Cashiers, Accountants, and inbound/outbound mail processing
- Responsible for completing monthly close duties and schedules in a timely manner
- Prepare and file local tax returns
- Oversee and manage the payroll activities of local business
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Participate in shrink meetings
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of finance associates
- Interact with remote teams in terms of monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
- Manage all required corporate reporting
- Oversee Physical Inventory counts the last Saturday of every fiscal month
- Assist with compliance, forecasting, self-assessments, and annual AOP
- Any other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required
- MBA/CPA preferred
- At least 5 years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- 2 years prior managerial experience required
- Prior Manufacturing experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Ability to lead and direct clerical positions
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time