Company: SYGMA - Detroit
Zip Code: 48162
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Please apply directly at: http://www.sygmanetwork.com
To serve our customers by hand building pallets of product and loading product onto trailers according to established company and customer standards.
- Reads pick sheets and travels to proper warehouse location using pallet jack; picks proper product type and quantity, labels product and places on pallet and loads pallets on trucks according to proper zone and location, according to established standards.
- Handles products and build pallets according to established food safety procedures (e.g. visual inspection of the product for damages, proper placement on pallets to minimize cross contamination and damage).
- Ensures that warehouse is maintained in a clean and safe manner according to Company standards; takes appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered; disposes of trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
- Communicates with Management team regarding any issues (e.g. products, out of stocks, safety issues, food safety concerns).
- Operates all Company warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, scanners) in a safe manner, according to company standards; reports all equipment issues to a member of the management team.
- Completes all paperwork and utilizes wearable computer to properly track time spent on assignments for productivity reporting.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands; other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED/Equivalent Degree and 6 months of previous warehouse experience is preferred; or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Forklift and pallet jack license/certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: safety and safe lifting procedures, Food Safety Guidelines.
- Skill in: building pallets of product quickly, accurately and safely.
- Ability to: operate forklift and/or pallet jack and maneuver in tight areas; meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company; read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations; perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); solve problems; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; wear personal protective equipment (e.g. safety shoes).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 - 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The associate is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Please apply directly at: http://www.sygmanetwork.com
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Nicole McLaughlin at 734-384-6107
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time