Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The packager is responsible for the accurate and efficient packaging of meat into appropriate pack sizes and boxes.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the training room.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Accurately package product into vacuum packaging and then box product into the packaging configuration indicated on the cut ticket.
- Safely operate various types and configurations of packaging machine.
- Ensure all product is stamped with the production date.
- Ensure all product is passed through the end of line metal detector.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately distribute products to assigned containers or conveyors for packaging.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with HACCP and Sysco Corp. guidelines.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to the employee.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Know and understand the company’s safety, food safety, and health goals and their objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- Report all non-compliances, accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately.
GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
Overview of HACCP Basics
GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
Basic Food Facility Security
Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
Preventing Food Contamination
Annual refresher training
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time