Sr Analyst, Supply Chain Design
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for modeling and enhancing the inbound and outbound supply chains across all of Sysco. Leveraging Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru, the position will serve as both the analytics powerhouse and project lead for a variety of projects. These projects include proposals to bring on new customers or align existing customers in a way that is most cost-efficient end-to-end. Beyond customers, the position will identify and evaluate opportunities for cost-saving, utilization- improving intiatives in Sysco’s current US and international operating companies. Supply Chain Design, and this position, serve as a hybrid between discovery/analysis and implementation/execution for the Supply Chain department’s high impact, high visiblity initiatives.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and deliver comprehensive supply chain design solutions using Supply Chain Guru, Transportation Guru, and a host of innovative solutions
- Understand Sysco’s core operation KPI’s (on-time delivery, cost, feasibility) and seek solutions to improve these metrics
- Provide structured and creative analysis to identify performance improvement opportunities and effectively communicate findings with executives
- Development of tools & analyses to support the design and modeling of existing and future facilities
- Responsible for creating warehousing and delivery costing step- functions that would enable the optimization and minimization of variable costing functions
- Responsible for modeling warehouse productivity, delivery, real estate and fixed cost impact when exploring various supply chain optimization scenarios
- Responsible for data sourcing, cleansing, analysis and database development
- Responsible for documenting modeling approach, data sources and transformations, assumptions, and constraints
- Ability to measure impact to headcount, labor requirements, equipment requirements and miles when modeling various supply chain scenarios
- Ability to incorporate impact of Automation at facilities and recommend future automation strategies
- Ability to show results of supply chain design scenarios in P&L format, leveraging Excel or Tableau.
- Ability to accurately model reality with incomplete data.
- Developing strong relationships and partnerships with BT, Supply Chain Finance, Real Estate, and Construction.
- Partners and collaborates with Customer Supply Chain Solutions to develop cost saving initiatives for Contract Multi-Unit Customers.
- Supports Customer Supply Chain Solutions with modeling and tool development expertise.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Operations Management/Supply Chain Management/Distribution and logistics), Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a closely related field
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain planning and design:
- Knowledge of the principles of optimization and how optimization is performed using software packages
- Understanding of simulation and the differences between optimization and simulation
- Familiarity with network optimization, inventory optimization, product flow analysis, operations planning, and cost to serve analysis
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science preferred
- Ideal candidate would have some previous supply chain consulting experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes clear actions for self and others to ensure duties are completed efficiently and on time; Effectively communicates changes and progress; Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing; Shares information appropriately and timely; has good listening skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, managers and other employees of the organization
- Customer Service: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; Considers customers in all business practices; Establishes and maintains professional relationships with customers.
- Results Oriented: Driven to achieve goals and objectives; Maintains high performance standards and unfailingly delivers quality service; Makes good decisions that contribute to the company’s profitability.
- Collaboration: Develops cooperative relationships throughout the organization; Helps team meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work on a cross-functional team.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Broad distribution center knowledge, which would include all day and night time distribution center functions and processes (receiving, selecting, loading and day and night letdown processes and forklift operations).
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing for interaction with all departments on any issue related to the Operations, Transportation and Maintenance departments of Sysco.
- Data driven decision making.
- Strong critical thinking, as actions directly impact productivity.
- Intrinsically strong and structured approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of mathematical concepts (add, subtract, multiply and divide); compute, rate, ratio and percent; general finance terminology/concepts; book-keeping activities.
- Ability to resolve routine problems and questions independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to furnish information to others requesting status.
- Ability to handle high-volume workload, requiring fast paced production with professional composure.
- Proactively resolves business procedurial hindrances.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Working knowledge of hardware and operating software necessary to complete Distribution Center and delivery functions
- Experience with leading supply chain optimization software packages such as Llamasoft, I2, Manugistics, Logicnet required
- Database querying and building (SQL, RedShift, Visual Studio, SSIS) strongly desired
- Programming (R, Python, LP) skills a plus, especially in optimization software packages
- Familiarity with Tableau, PowerBI, One Click or other data visualization tools
- Ability to learn and adapt emerging software to operational company functions
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job on destination, the employee may be regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in a distribution center environment is usually loud.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time