Planner, Inbound Trans
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Planner, Inbound Transportation role is responsible for the coordination of activities related to moving product from supplier locations to Sysco facilities at an optimal cost. This role serves as the central hub of information for inbound shipments. The Planner, Inbound Transportation is also responsible for mitigating issues that will impact on-time service.
- Ensure that purchase orders are delivered at the right time, to the right place, at the most optimal cost, and on spec.
- Utilize Manhattan TMS system to plan, optimize, and tender freight within 24 hours of PO creation.
- Resolve recalled/rejected tenders within 2 business hours from notification of recall/rejection.
- Identify issues that impact achievement of 98% on time delivery to the day; develop and execute resolution or escalate where necessary.
- Ensure use of contracted carriers where applicable
- Negotiate spot rates with carrier partners where necessary to cover volume over committed capacity per department guidelines.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and share information related to shipments. Includes tracking and tracing of shipments to meet agreed upon service metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive delivery of logistics improvement initiatives within assigned market/geographical region.
- Provide back up support to team members when necessary
- Provide after-hours support to carrier partners
- Road Transportation
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business related disciplines or 6-7 years related work experience required
- 1 year in logistics, transportation, or supply chain
- 1-3 years in truck freight planning and scheduling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to negotiate
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Solid organizational skills
Normal 5/40 schedule although work may be required outside of normal working hours during peak periods. The role is operational in nature and provides support to all US time zones. Depending on the market served, the work day could end between 5PM and 7PM CST.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time