Loader - 2nd Shift
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc - JAX Operating Unit # - ZS58
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of 2nd Shift Warehouse Loader. This position will be responsible for loading products on containers as needed while following preferred work methods and company policies.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements.
The Warehouse Loader is primarily assigned to:
- Accurately Loading all departmental product in allotted sections of the container. (Freezer -10), Cooler (36) and Dry Side (70’s)
- Operating all company powered industrial equipment, Reach Truck, Packer, and/or Electric Pallet Jack, in a safe and reliable manner as outlined in the Preferred Work Methods.
- Completing equipment check-list at start and finish of each shift.
- Reporting all equipment failures to supervisor immediately.
- Shrink wrapping each pallet. Consolidates pallets when needed.
- Verifying with Management to ensure all products for each container assigned has been loaded.
- Takes photos of all stages of container loading, including photos to verify refrigerated containers are within temp prior to loading and at conclusion of loading.
- Off Loads Containers.
- Assists outside carriers backing into dock doors.
- Verifies proper temperature of container/trailer for refrigerated loads.
- Reporting all damages to supervisor immediately.
- Ensuring warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to company standards. Sweeping / mopping the floor location if necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Warehouse Loader Qualifications:
The Warehouse Loader must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, and have at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
The Warehouse Loader must:
- Have experience of 6 months to 1 year
- Have previous experience on a Raymond Pacer is preferred.
- Have previous experience with Stand up Forklift, floor scrubber, battery changer, and RF unit or electric pallet jack preferred.
- Previous experience loading containers is preferred.
- Be able to work in Freezer (-10), Cooler (36) and Dry Side (70’s) of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Be able to read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
- Be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
- Be able to follow all guidelines of Sysco’s Preferred Work Methods.
The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this department must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time