Driver Check In
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston / Louisiana Seafood
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Brief role description
This is a Finance position responsible for checking in drivers who have completed their routes by performing product counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise. Also responsible for inspecting all products returns and documenting appropriate information for efficient processing of items.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Check-in drivers who have completed their routes by verifying product returned, customers signed the invoice and possible missed deliveries; account for pallets, totes and other company property is returned
- Identify missed collections and notify Credit Services
- Ensure food safety protocols were followed on the return and coordinate with Food Safety personnel for issues
- Ensure all delivery exceptions are noted on the invoice and/or delivery exception report; inspect returned products to determine restocking appropriateness or deciding if the customer warrants credit
- Decide and adjust as needed the appropriate reason code on invoice to provide efficient processing; code damaged or inferior products with the appropriate damage code and write the code on the damaged case
- Separate and stage for return processing all products, and count the returned items to ensure quantities match the quantity written on the return sheet and invoices; list overage on return sheet in an effort to re-enter the product into the inventory system as soon as possible
- Review and document Central Market Invoice vs Receipt differences and communicate with Sales and Merchandising. Track and document reasons for variances.
- Research and verify credits and enter any verified credits. Communicate credits in question with sales and finance for approval.
- Maintain credit tracking by customer weekly for trending review and analysis.
- Review Sales order returns for authorization and manage and clear daily.
- Monitor transportation issue voicemail to confirm all issues properly documented and all product accounted for on returns.
- Scan and file all customer invoices and credits.
- Create and track performance measures, error rates, and return reason codes.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
High school degree or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certification on material handling equipment or ability to become certified.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, occasionally is required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. The associate is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is occasionally exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This is a full-time position starting at 9:00 AM. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or evenings), 1 Saturday a month, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time