Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston / Louisiana Seafood
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Job Summary: Unload all items being received into the warehouse and palletize them in standard stacking methods. Check accuracy of the quantity of the product received and process all paperwork connected with receiving the product.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- Remove all product from trucks by use of forklift, electric pallet jack or by hand.
- Stack all product in a safe and orderly manner.
- Require to follow all GMP’s and safety regulation.
- Report discrepancies to leads and supervisor.
- Pulling orders on carts
- Operating equipment including sit down and stand up forklift and pallet jack when needed.
- Cross-tie all items as directed by the warehouse manager or shipping clerk.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Check the accuracy of the product received.
- Notify supervisor of any shortage, damage of product or poor quality product.
- Complete paperwork as product is being received.
- Perform other tasks, as requested by management.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Prefer high school diploma or Q.E.D.
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse.
- Experience using a forklift or electric pallet.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing 30 degrees temp and in the freezer dept which is -18 degrees and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time