Supplies on the Fly Picker/Packer/Shipper - Part Time - Nights
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Supplies on the Fly (SOTF) Picker/Packer/Shipper
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Under general supervision, accurately & efficiently select products in the warehouse and prepare them for shipping by stacking in an orderly and stable configuration while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
This is a part-time night position. Hours are Monday-Thursday 6:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process boxes (packages) using the UPS station. Enter all required shipping information into the UPS system and load the packages onto the UPS truck.
- Properly operate electric pallet jack (2-pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location and transport product to the SOTF pack and ship area for shipping. Handle products with necessary care to limit damage.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment checks in the SOTF area.
- Assist in clean-up of the SOTF area and sign off on daily cleaning area log sheet.
- Sign in and out for all equipment used by the associate.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from Day Warehouse Manager or Day Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must be able to efficiently use a computer keyboard to enter in data.
- Ability to handle up to 50 lbs.; 20 lbs. regularly is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Part Time