Cut & Wrap Re-Pack Associate - Cheese Room
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Cut & Wrap Repack Associate – Cheese Room
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Under general supervision, cut, weigh, wrap, bag, seal, label and box blocks of cheese accurately & efficiently while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Cheese Cutting Room by cutting, wrapping, bagging, sealing, labeling and boxing 10 – 80 pound blocks of cheese.
- Assess and sort all damaged products for recouping.
- Work indirectly with merchandising to ensure proper packaging from vendors.
- Keep equipment, room and all areas clean and neat at all times.
- Adhere to company safety policies, procedures and work rules.
- Perform daily equipment checks and cleaning.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move 80 pounds regularly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and will be working long periods of time in a refrigerated environment. The noise level in the work environment could be loud.
General supervision is received from Cheese Room Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle up to 80 lbs.; 50 lbs. regularly is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time