Company: North Star Seafood
Zip Code: 32822
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The primary duties of the Quality Technician are to perform multiple analyses on raw materials, work in progress and finished product to insure compliance with company and customer specifications. The position would be responsible for checking a proportionate sample of the day’s production and recording the results of these inspections. This position will be responsible for communicating with department managers when non-conformance occurs and ensuring proper product disposition.
- Measure quantifiable attributes of the product (weight, tail length, tenderloin diameter, etc.) as well as make subjective decisions on the general appearance of the product.
- Record results of product inspections on appropriate logs.
- Determine product non-conformance and determine, through communication with department managers and supervisors, the appropriate disposition for non-conforming products.
- Documentation of monitoring SOP conformance
- Assume responsibility for additional tasks as requested.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Requires a high school diploma
- Prior experience in measuring and weighing is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of meat specifications
- Able to comprehend cut tickets, have good math skills, and have good communication skills.
- Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds and lift 15 pounds repetitively.
- Must be flexible on work schedule.
- The individual must be able to work well alone, but also communicate effectively to identify and explain problems.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once. High energy level.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-Service Oriented.
- Detail-Oriented. Strong focus on accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and carry out instructions in English.
- Understanding of basic mathematical principles.
Job Location and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 15-70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time