Receiver - Night Shift
Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach, FL
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Night (PM Shift) Receiver is primarily responsible for:
- Unloading product from truck/ take temperature and log truck conditions at moment of receiving
- Verifying proper product temperatures/dates as well as condition of product.
- Verifying product has been properly labeled by the vendor.
- Verifying that product being received matches BOL
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
- Working with and instructing other individuals in insuring proper sorting, segregating, staging and flowing of inbound product.
- Other Operations duties as assigned.
Night (PM Shift) Receiver Qualifications:
The Night (PM Shift) Receiver must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, have solid math skills and have at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
- trained and certified for operating a forklift
- Previous forklift operation experience preferred
- Ability to learn and work with specific computer software and RF guns.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work efficiently at a rapid pace
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to follow instruction and adapt to changes being consistent with task assigned.
The Night (PM Shift) Receiver must be able to:
- Safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time