Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Accounts Payable Associate
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, reconcile vendor invoices, resolve billing problems or issues with appropriate departments and process them for payments. Perform other accounting-related duties.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Code invoices to appropriate GL accounts, departments, and locations:
- Vouch invoices, matching to PO’s/receipts.
- Peer review of invoice batches for data entry accuracy.
- Obtain appropriate invoice/check request approvals based on company guidelines and policies.
- Follow up with internal approvers on due invoices as necessary.
- Review and reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Research and resolve vendor statements discrepancies, correspondence.
- Prepare weekly payment run previews for approval.
- Prepare checks for mailing/filing.
- Maintain the accounting records through the month-end closing of the accrual-system accounting records; to include the reconciliation of accounts and ledgers
- Develop and keep current reports for accounting, management, and the sales team including monthly commission reports, depreciation and amortization reports
Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from Accounting Supervisor.
- 2-year degree in accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 1 - 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Strong knowledge of general accrual accounting and full payables cycle
- Excellent analytical, reconciliation, accuracy, organization, problem-solving and communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data and proficiency with 10 key is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time